This sounds like a delicious way to help fight off possible cancer. If prevention can never both delicious and healthy why not use it right?
Thank you to the originator of this blog post for posting this informative and delicious prevention smoothie
This fresh, delicious smoothie is a great way to pack more fruits and veggies into your day. Apples and green leafy vegetables like kale and spinach are cancer-fighting foods, according to the American Institute for Cancer Research.
- 1 c. organic spinach
- 1 c. organic kale
- 1 c. Italian parsley
- 1 stalk celery
- 3″ fresh cucumber
- 1/2 pear
- 1/2 Fuji apple
- Juice of 1/2 fresh orange
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 c. cold water
- 1/2 c. ice
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (optional)
- Place spinach, kale, and parsley in blender. Chop celery, cucumber, pear, and apple into chunks. Add to blender with orange juice, grated ginger, water, ice, and protein powder (if desired).
- Blend on low to start, then blend on high until smooth. Serves 2.
Note: You may add more ginger or orange juice to taste.